IMG_1898 IMG_1905 IMG_1908
Today the mixture was tested in the see-saw sawdust briquette maker on site and we were delighted to find it worked!

IMG_9482 IMG_9670

 

 

Advertisements

IMG_20141028_104902
Our meeting with Julia and Renata at Harland Cafe allowed us to see our progress so far. A lot had been done in the past few days, even including an alternative temporary secondary glazing option. This had been produced alongside the see-saw sawdust briquette maker. The work on the first option was also progressing well.
IMG_20141030_121822372 IMG_20141030_125351501 IMG_20141030_125406000 IMG_20141030_130111843
The frame is complete!

IMG_20141027_154551 IMG_20141027_154603 IMG_20141027_170146
Others in the group were hard at work creating prototype models for the Artists ‘pod’ spaces, making good use of recycled material.

IMG_20141028_113845 IMG_20141028_114046
A lot of fun was had demonstrating how the see-saw sawdust squisher would work, the next step was to test it. We concluded our efforts so far with a group meal of Vietnamese food on London Road, preparing for plenty more hard work to come!

We annotated these plans of Portland Works during a previous group meeting to familiarise ourselves with the individual rooms and what processes occurred in these spaces.

Image_20141027_00015 Image_20141027_00014

Although these may be a little difficult to read from one angle, they have certainly been very helpful during our group meetings  in allowing us to understand the spaces we are focusing on and the uses of energy around the site.

NgWOwyON0DnwP_Zv9ZTqly8HAEn7MPBnO5gtmzp-h08a2HhOL5SS30iYMhJX6YNcF1kmqw=w1877-h763
Our initial model, placed in the frame of the existing window we were testing in the volunteer room that we had surveyed at Portland Works.

To give a better idea of how and where it would be applied, we produced the following plans and drawings:

C:UsersRobertDocumentsVolunteer Room Project.pdf

C:UsersRobertDocumentsVolunteer Room Project.pdf

We would be fitting the temporary secondary glazing to the smaller of the two windows, but it could be altered for application to the window on the wall connected to the door frame. C:UsersRobertDocumentsVolunteer Room Project.pdf C:UsersRobertDocumentsVolunteer Room Project.pdf

These drawings looked at how we would create the glazing. Initially we would have used the steel strips, but, after our discovery in the previous post, we then decided to source other material for this part of the system.

C:UsersRobertDocumentsVolunteer Room Project.pdf C:UsersRobertDocumentsVolunteer Room Project.pdf

%d bloggers like this: